Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
We are currently looking for a Lecturer in Beauty and Specialist Makeup techniques to be part of a dynamic, busy and expanding department. This role will cover all aspects of beauty therapy including facials, body treatments and nails.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach on a range of beauty therapy courses at NVQ/VRQ Levels 1, 2 and 3
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
- Undertake normal administrative duties required of lecturers including assistance with admissions, enrolment, interviewing, and induction and providing management information as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a relevant qualification ideally to level 4 or equivalent.
- Has a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS or equivalent) or willingness to train for one
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
- Ideally has relevant teaching experience within the FE sector.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teacher’s Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual leave pro rata (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Beauty and Makeup, please click on ‘Apply’ and complete an online application form at https://www.staffordcoll.ac.uk/the-college/vacancies.
The closing date for completed applications is 21st November 2018
Interviews will be held on 29th November 2018
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.