In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted’s recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College’s provision and acknowledged NSCG’s ‘positive, stimulating and safe learning environment’, ‘highly motivated staff’, and ‘learners’ exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning’. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. Our Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
With the ability to deliver Business across the full range of the department’s provision, you will be an inspiring lecturer who is gifted in delivering varied and imaginative sessions and will have a record of good retention and success rates.
As well as your relevant industrial experience and current knowledge in a core field of Business such as Finance, you will have an appropriate subject qualification to degree or equivalent and be competent in the use of a variety of industry standard business software packages (eg MS Office, DTP). You will also hold or be studying for a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE or equivalent).
The main duties of the post holder are:
- To teach Business across the full range of the department’s provision including BTEC Level 2 & 3 and First & Extended Diploma courses.
- To undertake core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress and associated counselling, preparing reports, attending Open Days and Parents’ Evenings, setting and marking of examination papers and the preparation of flexible learning materials.
- To act as a personal tutor and undertake the duties associated with this pastoral role.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a first degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, or has recent and relevant industrial experience.
- Ideally has relevant teaching experience within the FE sector.
- Is experienced in a core field of Business such as finance.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Business & Finance, please visit our website
The closing date for completed applications 8th December 2019.
Interviews to take place 13th December 2019
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.