Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified Lecturer in Carpentry & Joinery. Candidates should have joinery qualifications with appropriate industrial experience and be competent to teach and assess up to Level 3 in that area. Responsibilities will include delivering outstanding teaching & learning to students, principally at Levels 1 to 3, as well as the associated responsibilities for preparation and assessment. Candidates should hold, or be willing to work towards, a Level 5 teaching qualification and Assessor/Verifier awards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach Joinery across the full range of the department’s provision up to Level 3 with a focus principally on 16-18 full-time students at Level 1, 2 and 3.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
- To act as a personal tutor or course tutor to a group of students and undertake the duties associated with this pastoral role.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Qualified to NVQ level 3 in a relevant subject and has recent and extensive industrial experience).
- To be well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Carpentry & Joinery, please go to www.nulc.ac.uk/jobs and click on ‘Apply’ to complete an online application form. Please also specify in your supporting information, your preferred location (Stafford College / Newcastle under Lyme College / either site).
The closing date for completed applications is 17th June 2018.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.