A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Lecturer in Construction (Carpentry & Joinery), to deliver effective teaching, learning and assessment to learners within the Construction department.
Applicants must possess a degree or equivalent appropriate qualification, and a Teaching Qualification to the required national standards.
Level 2 in English, Mathematics & ICT qualifications are essential as is a commitment to attainment of student success.
- To plan teaching, learning and assessment for college programmes using the appropriate college and awarding body format to ensure effective learning.
- To deliver teaching and learning to a consistently good or outstanding standard to achieve high success rates.
- To assess accurately learners, work both formatively and summatively against appropriate awarding body criteria to ensure learners achieve their qualifications.
- To comply with all college quality assurance procedures as prescribed to ensure the achievement of all internal and external audits.
- To use all appropriate resources effectively to ensure that the learners’ experience results in positive learning outcomes and high professional standards.
- To support learners progress through personal tutoring to help learners achieve their full potential and progress appropriately.
- To assist with the marketing of college programmes including identifying new opportunities, attending internal and external events and interview evenings to increase the recruitment of Learners.
To view the full job description and person specification for this role then please view the supporting documents below.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.
To apply, simply visit the college website and complete and return the online application forms.
We look forward to receiving your application.
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years