Benefits: Teachers' Pension Shceme
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual to teach on the BTEC Extended Diploma in Engineering, BTEC level 2 in Engineering, level 2 Practical Engineering (including the delivery of PEO) and Foundation Degree in Engineering. We also deliver a range of part time courses in mechanical and electrical engineering and fabrication & welding. In addition the engineering team service industry needs with short course specialist delivery.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach Electrical & Electronic Principles, Electrical Power and Engineering Control Systems and related units across the full range of the Centre’s provision.
- To teach other specialist subjects for which you are qualified.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
- To act as a personal tutor or course tutor to a group of students and undertake the duties associated with this pastoral.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Teaching qualification (PGCE or DTTLS) or willingness to obtain one.
- Has a first degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
- Ideally has relevant teaching experience within the FE sector.
- Is competent in Electrical and Electronic Principles, Electrical Power and Engineering Control Systems, with the ability to deliver to industry standard.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Electrical & Power Engineering, please click on ‘Apply’ and complete an online application form.
Closing date for this position is 18th June 2017