Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
The department offer includes Level 2 & 3 Electrical Installation Certificates along with a range of part time courses including 17th Edition, Inspection and testing and PAT Testing. The department also delivers specialist short courses to industry.
The successful candidate will be an inspiring lecturer who is gifted in delivering varied and imaginative sessions and will have a record of good retention and success rates. You must be able to teach Electrical Installation and related units across a range of courses.
As well as your relevant industrial experience and current knowledge, you will have an appropriate subject qualification to a minimum of Level 3, 17th Edition and Inspection & Testing. You will also hold or be willing to study for a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE or equivalent).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and deliver lively and interactive instruction and assessment activities to a high standard on a range of programmes. Although these activities would ordinarily be carried out in a workshop environment, there could be some associated classroom activities.
- Secure as part of the delivery team, outstanding success for all learners and assist in ensuring targets for recruitment, retention, achievement and success, attendance and progression are met.
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
Required Skills and Experience:
- has a full Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- has willingness to train for a teaching qualification up to level 5
- has willingness to complete an assessing qualification
- has knowledge of current developments in relevant vocational area
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Instructor in Electrical Installation, please click on ‘Apply’ and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 27 May 2018.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.