Lecturer in History and Government Politics
Sector: A Levels and Access
Salary: £22,268FTE (£8,461.84 actual) to £30,442FTE (£11,567.96 actual) dependant on experience and qualifications
Hours: Part time – 13.5 hours
Location: Based at Highbury Campus
Close Date: 03 June 2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the A Levels and Access sector for a Lecturer in History & Government Politics. This role is based in an expanding Sixth Form Academy with a dynamic mix of 70% home students and 30% international students. The examining board is Edexcel.
This role is an excellent development opportunity for the right person to lead and grow your subject area. The role is based within a friendly and supportive team of subject experts.
Highbury College offers extensive support to new staff including:
- Regular support and coaching throughout your first year
- A Mentor who will help you settle in to the College
- A thorough Induction programme
- Access to Learning and Development including a Free Course Voucher
- Support from the College to focus on CPD
What we can offer you:
- A fantastic benefits package including a world-class pension scheme where the College contributes around 19%
- 30 days’ annual leave per annum, plus eight Bank Holidays
- An onsite canteen, hair and beauty salon and nursery
- A sports centre with a 50% discount for staff
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme and access to an online discount website
- Discounted travel on the Isle of Wight Hovercraft between Southsea and Ryde
The successful candidate will have:
· A degree in a relevant subject
· A recognised teaching qualification (or willing to work towards)
· Relevant Industry Experience
· Recent experience of teaching A Levels
· Commitment to the development of the A Level and Access sector
Highbury College offers onsite accommodation (chargeable to candidate) to assist if you are moving from outside of the local area.
For further details, please see the job description.
Please note: If you require any additional support with the completion of your application please contact the HR department on 02392 328910 or email@example.com
Highbury College is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The attached Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.