Lecturer in IT & Computing
We are looking for an enthusiastic Lecturer in IT & Computing, a full-time position is available, but those seeking a fractional contract would also be considered.
Based at Selby College within rural North Yorkshire with small class sizes and well-behaved students, you will have the opportunity to deliver high quality teaching to motivated students who are willing to learn. The department has excellent facilities and the college has a campus feel.
You will be able to make an effective contribution to the delivery of full-time courses from BTEC Levels 2 and 3, A Levels, Higher National Programmes and the BSc Applied Computing Top-up. The Computing department is an outstanding department within the college and students regularly progress to complete a full degree in our excellent HE programs.
- Teach on various modules on BTEC National Extended Diploma, A level GCE and HE up to level 6: plan, prepare and teach as required by your line manager, monitor, review and evaluate student progress. There will be an expectation for the successful candidate to take on leadership responsibilities
- Be solely responsible for the accuracy of exam entries for the course/subject and liaise with examinations department and external exam awarding bodies as appropriate
- Liaise with external organisations including employers to ensure that the curriculum is fit for purpose, current and meets external requirements
- Contribute to the development of Computing and IT related curriculum area including the preparation of learning materials, student assessments and Moodle based resources
- Keep up to date with any awarding body changes to specifications or assessment requirements
- Liaise with the Computing and ICT Programme Leader, Guidance & Support Tutors and administrative departments to facilitate high quality education and pastoral care
• You will have successfully taught IT and Computing within a college or school setting.
• You will be a graduate in Computing or related field and will ideally hold a teaching qualification
• You will have experience of delivering QCF, NQF, RQF BTEC Firsts, National Programmes, A level GCE, BTEC Highers and BSc top-up degree
• You will have experience in teaching programming (C# and/or Python), games development and databases
• You will be able to form excellent relationships with staff and pupils to help raise achievement
• You will have a positive attitude towards flexibility, change and innovation
Terms and Conditions:
Salary: This will range from £23 107 for newly qualified teachers to £33 353 for highly experienced and outstanding practitioners
Holiday: 37 days per year, plus statutory holidays, directed study and Christmas break.
Closing date: 31st October 2020
Interview date TBC
All work in the College involves some degree of responsibility for safeguarding children, although the extent of that responsibility will vary according to the nature of the role. A DBS check is a requirement for this role.
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years