Lecturer in Photography and Media (0.5)
Salary: Up to £34,775 per annum depending on experience (pro rata)
Closing Date: Tuesday 22nd January 2019
Interview Date: Friday 1st February 2019
Nelson and Colne College, an Outstanding education provider with excellent facilities and unparalleled staff benefits, are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Photography & Media lecturer to join our Creative & Digital team on a part-time, fixed-term basis from February 2019 working 17.5 hours per week.
We are particularly looking for candidates with experience of delivery on Photography as well as recent commercial/ industrial Creative Media experience.
Main duties include:
- Teach within the Creative & Digital team on a range of programmes in Photography & Media across a range of levels
- Be up to date to plan, deliver and assess high quality teaching as required by your Line Manager to the appropriate number of hours (405 hours per annum)
- Develop and share resources for the course/subject
- Deliver enrichment and enhancement activities
- Complete required assessment duties in relation to student assignments
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in a relevant subject area or appropriate professional qualification
- Recognised teaching qualification or a willingness to achieve this within three years of appointment
- A higher degree or advanced qualification
- Successful teaching experience in a relevant subject area (Photography and Media)
- Develop key subject related industry links
- Recent commercial/industrial experience (particularly Creative Media)
How to apply:
If you are interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.