Salary: £24,452 - £36,890 (per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37hours per week
Location: Ellesmere Port Campus
We are seeking a Lecturer in Protective Services to join our team at our Ellesmere Port Campus with the flexibility to travel and deliver across all campuses.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and inspiring Lecturer to provide learners with an outstanding learning experience.
• Teach on a range of Protective Services Courses;
• Undertake other duties including tutorial support and associated administrative task;
• Promote and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons; and
• Marketing and promotion of the provision to employer and stakeholders.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
• Degree in Protective Services (or equivalent);
• Teacher trained (PGCE, DTLLS or CertEd) or working towards;
• GCSE Grade C (4/5) in English and Maths;
• Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment;
• Up-to-date occupational experience; and
• Enhanced DBS check
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
We welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) and from current industry practitioners who do not have a teaching qualification. Anyone joining the College will be part of a Lecturer Development Programme which provides staff with a range of support and training based on previous experience and individual need. The programme will offer a range of support and development opportunities, including inductions related to all College systems and processes, an assigned curriculum mentor and regular 1-2-1 support from the Quality team. Industry experts who do not currently hold a teaching qualification will be supported to complete a L4 Certificate in Education and Training and will have opportunities to complete a L5 Diploma in Education and Training.
The full details of the Lecturer Development Programme can be found in the attached document.
• Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
• Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification;
• Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
• Competitive salary;
• Pension scheme;
• 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
• Professional Development
• College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
• Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
• Onsite Costa, Café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
• Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to email@example.com by 9am on 6 December 2021.
The selection process will take place week commencing 13 December 2021.
Cheshire College - South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the relevant curriculum area.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m invest...