City College is a newly launched institution in Qatar offering a range of Business programmes to students here in Doha. We offer BTEC RQF awards in Business from levels 4 to 7. We articulate with a number of international universities to provide vocational pathways either into higher education or into the workplace; and have strong relationships with all the key employers in Qatar.
We are a Qatari institution, part of a leading Qatari company with diverse and successful operations in Education. Our Education cluster includes the Doha British Schools as well as a well-known workplace learning company, the Qatar Skills Academy. The cluster provides educational opportunities for learners of all ages
Our mission is to provide to students with practical skills based on real life situations, and prepare them for professional careers. The College is a vocational institution offering an alternative to traditional academic styles of learning. Our high school students, graduates or those already employed who are seeking to upgrade their qualifications.
City College is in late launch stage and will start teaching from September 2018. We are seeking a few key positions, based full-time in Doha, to be filled by late August 2018. We are seeking enthusiastic, creative and dynamic professionals to be part of this new challenge, breaking barriers with a learner-centric and practical approach to vocational higher education.
An attractive, tax-free expatriate package is on offer for the right candidates, who should hold a postgraduate degree, have a number of years’ experience and be accustomed to teaching and assessing within a UK-style qualifications framework.
Doha is a safe, family-friendly city and is an attractive and sophisticated destination in the Middle East, with a thriving education sector that attains a high standard of teaching and learning.
For further information regarding City College, please visit www.citycollege.edu.qa.
For further information regarding the roles please visit www.artanholding.com for detailed job listings.
To apply, please complete the profile form attached to this advert and return with your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the reference number in the subject bar while applying.
We aim to provide feedback to all applicants but please be aware that, due to the large volume of applications received for all roles, we cannot guarantee that you will be contacted if your application is unsuccessful.
Full-time, based in Doha
Lecturer: Reference LB1
Senior Lecturer: SLB1
Our Business Lecturers provide high quality teaching and access to learning, teaching a range of courses to students. Lecturers contribute to course design, development and review, share best practice and implement ideas for improvement in identified areas. We are looking for positions at Lecturer and Senior Lecturer level.
- Lecturers will undertake teaching activities in the curriculum area, ensuring high quality of provision, in response to learners’ needs and in line with professional teaching standards;
- Be responsible for an agreed teaching programme in Business and other related areas;
- Teach Business programmes but may be required to teach on any other course offered by the College for which the post holder is appropriately qualified;
- Work collaboratively and innovatively with managers and colleagues to design, develop, manage and review programmes in the curriculum area;
- Develop course materials, schemes of work, group profiles etc. as required and make these available prior to course starting dates and are made available through the colleges shared information systems;
- Deliver academic tutorials to provide students with feedback on progress and formative guidance on how to improve performance to assure success;
- Maintain records of work and student attendance, progress and assessment in accordance with approved procedures and will provide them as requested by the Student Services Department, Deputy Principal and the Principal;
- Undertake assessment and internal verification activities in accordance with the requirements of the relevant qualifications awarding bodies and the College’s internal quality assurance procedures;
- Keep up to date with research in own field and participate in College research programmes.
Candidates should possess the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- A postgraduate award at Master’s degree level or above in a business or management related discipline is essential.
- We are looking for candidates who can offer knowledge of contemporary business theory and application relevant to the fast changing business world.
- Candidates should possess a portfolio of Commercial or Business experience in addition to their teaching experience.
- Prior working knowledge of BTEC programmes offered by Pearson at Levels 4-7. Proven experience of teaching UK RQF Levels 4 – 7 in a higher education institution.
- Prior work experience in the GCC or in a UK-style HE college environment is desirable.
- Proven work experience in a UK, Western European, Australian, New Zealand, South African or Canadian HE college working at the same levels is desirable.
- Senior Lecturer positions require experience of successful performance in posts of increasing responsibility involving supervision of teaching staff and /or curriculum management for a minimum of four years. Senior Lecturers must have demonstrable ability to prepare and oversee implementation of programme development plans, and assess colleagues’ work.