LEVEL 1 TEACHING ASSISTANT
(Fixed term contract to 31st August 2018)
Scale 1B TA1 point 11-13
(36 hours/week term time only, actual salary £13,373 - £13,951)
The Governors of this popular school are seeking to appoint a Level 1 Teaching Assistant as soon as possible. This position will be until 31st August 2018 in the first instance.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain practical experience of working in a school environment perhaps before committing to a teacher training course. Equally, the position would suit those with prior experience of working as a Teaching Assistant.
The successful candidates will possess:
· Well-developed communication skills and excellent literacy and numeracy skills
· A commitment to continuous improvement
· Enthusiasm, adaptability and a positive outlook
· Willingness to be involved in school life
· A commitment to our Catholic ethos
The successful candidates will be expected to:
· Assist pupils across a range of ages and different subjects
· Provide support for pupils, including those with special educational/health needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning. Promote self-esteem and encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate.
· Undertake structured and agreed learning activities, recording achievement and progress and feeding back to the teacher.
· Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 21st September at 4pm
All Hallows RC High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.