Harris Primary Academy Haling Park is a brand new school that opened in September 2014 to meet the demand from local families for new, high-quality places in South Croydon. Our aim is to make sure that, from the first day of their education, our pupils have a truly happy experience of school. This means teaching them to become confident learners and nurturing each child’s personality and character.
As our academy grows, we are looking for two inspiring and talented Teaching Assistants. This is a fantastic opportunity for a committed professional looking to start, or continue their career in an exciting new role.
The posts are for level 2 teaching assistants, with the possibility of one level 3 depending on experience. Your role will include supporting children’s learning, undertaking playground duties, preparing resources and assisting the class teacher. You will be expected to uphold the policies of the school and support the school ethos.
What we are looking for:
It is essential that you have experience of working with children in a Primary school or a similar setting. You will need to be a good team player, be proactive and be able to act on your own initiative.
You must hold a teacher assistant qualification and NVQ literacy and numeracy at Level 2 or higher. Previous experience of working in a classroom is also highly desirable. You should be a strong and confident user of ICT, as well as having the ability to read and write fluently and confidence in maths.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an excellent teaching assistant;
- Be committed to the highest achievement for all;
- Be a resourceful and enthusiastic educationalist;
- Support the class teacher to ensure children make excellent progress;
- Have high expectations and an unwavering belief in the potential of every child;
- Want to make a difference to the lives of local children;
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills;
- Be committed to working in partnership with teachers, parents and the community;
- Be a committed team player who enjoys working collaboratively;
- Be committed to their own professional development
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Haling Park?
At Haling Park you would be working as part of a very supportive team. In addition to the benefits outlined, we offer excellent professional development opportunities provided by Harris Federation. We would also offer:
- An ambitious, successful and vibrant place to work;
- Children who are bright, confident and eager to learn;
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children;
- A senior leadership team that is highly committed to developing others.
We encourage all candidates to visit our academy. To book a visit, please call Anita Callus on 0203 772 4560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are also welcomed from experienced teaching assistants interested to train as a teacher through our Harris School Direct Programme: more information is available here think-train-to-teach.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.