Level 2 Teaching Assistant (2 posts)
Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) Resource Hub at Ings Primary School
Salary: Grade 4 Point 5-7 (£13,392 - £13,932 actual salary)
Hours: 30 hours per week, term time only + 5 days
Start Date: 1st November 2021
The Thrive Co-operative Learning Trust (Thrive) formally YHCLT and is responsible for nine schools across Hull; two secondary and seven primary. We are committed to ensuring that all of our schools have access to high quality support services to underpin the excellent work that our schools do in educating our pupils.
Ings Primary School was judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted and offers ongoing support, guidance and development for staff. The following posts present exciting challenges and are key to the school’s ongoing commitment to the Inclusion agenda as well as presenting an exciting opportunity for those who have experience of successful work with pupils with SEND, particularly ASC. This will be a new challenge, working in the first ASC Resource Base in a Thrive primary school.
The purpose of any resource base is to work with pupils to:
- Develop access and learning in mainstream classes over time and at an appropriate pace.
- Support access to a curriculum that encourages enjoyment, interest, curiosity and which promotes the development of communication and interaction.
- Support the development of skills and strategies to manage social, emotional and mental health issues such as anxiety by use of self-regulation strategies.
- Promote participation in cognition and learning as well as sensory and physical activities.
- Develop confidence, emotional well-being and enjoyment in learning.
The Lead Teacher and HLTA have been appointed and we are looking for highly skilled professionals to support pupils, with The Hub set to open during the Autumn term. The Hub has been set up with support from Hull City Council and Northcott Special School.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Understands the needs of pupils with ASC and how they best learn in an environment that supports their wellbeing with the aim of pupils being successfully integrated into mainstream lessons.
Should you want to discuss the position, please contact Mrs Sharon Chadburn , Head of School 01482 374367.
Closing Date: Monday 20th September at 12 Noon
Interviews: Monday 27th September 2021
Please note, we do not accept CVs. Applications must be submitted using our application form.
Thrive Co-operative Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and young people. Each school has a robust Safeguarding and all staff will receive training relevant to their role at induction and throughout employment at the school. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A candidate’s suitability to work with children will be explored at all stages of our recruitment process. This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service criminal records check for work with children .
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.
Please visit www.thrivetrust.uk to view our Job Applicants Privacy Notice, which explains how we collect, store, and use personal data about individuals applying for jobs at our school.
Ings Primary School
Kingston upon Hull
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years