The Governors and Head Teacher wish to appoint a Level 3 Learning Support Assistant with a thorough understanding of child development, to work in our Early Years setting, initially in the school nursery.
The successful applicant will:
• Be an outstanding and reflective practitioner with high expectations for all children.
• Be qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3, with experience of working in an Early Years setting.
• Have excellent communication and Literacy skills, GCSE Grade C or above
• Have an effective working knowledge of the Early Years Curriculum and a good understanding of the principles of child development and learning processes.
• Be proficient in supporting the delivery of all aspects of teaching and learning in Early Years.
• Be a team player and be able to work independently and be flexible.
• Be an effective communicator, who is willing to participate fully in whole school life.
• Be a first aider in the Nursery (paedriatric first aider or be willing to train). • Be able to work as a cover supervisor, when required.
In return we can offer:
• A happy and successful school that puts children at the heart of everything we do.
• Enthusiastic children who are keen to learn and enjoy school
• An environment where the child is placed at the centre playing an active role in their own learning
• Excellent relationships with parents/carers and the wider community
• A warm and vibrant Early Years learning environment
• A supportive Governing Body and dedicated staff team A commitment to supporting your professional development
Position available from: September 2017
Hours: Full time, term time only (35 hours)
Salary: Level 2 - Grade 3 - Scp 15 – 17 (full time £18,381-19,182) pro rata
Closing Date: Tuesday 18th July 2017