Inclusion Learning Support Assistant
Level 3 Salary: £12,899.67
Responsible to: Inclusion Leader and Class Teacher
Hours: 30 hours a week (term time only)
Purpose of Role: We are seeking to appoint a caring, greatly experienced and highly motivated Learning Support Assistant to work, on a 1-1 basis with a child in receipt of an Educational Health Care plan. The successful applicant will need to have had experience working with primary aged children with autism and children with speech and language difficulties. We are looking to appoint someone with a good understanding of SEND and who shares our school’s inclusive values.
We are looking for someone:
· To promote the school’s commitment to safeguarding by following all procedures and guidance.
· To demonstrate professionalism in all aspects and understand the importance of confidentiality.
· To work as part of a team to ensure the inclusion of children in every aspect of school life.
· To provide empathetic support to children with a range of additional needs so that they can achieve the desired outcomes.
· To implement the strategies recommended by the teacher, Inclusion Leader and other professionals.
· To support the differentiation and resourcing of planning and deliver support to match the particular needs of the child.
· To maintain records that illustrate progress, identify next steps in learning and inform report writing.
· To support with personal care (changing for PE, toileting, lunch) if required.
· To support and promote play skills and social interactions within groups of children across the school in the classroom and playground environment.
In return we can offer you:
· A welcoming and friendly team of professionals who work collaboratively towards the same goal.
· Training opportunities to develop skills that will support you with your role.
· Performance Management that will help you to set targets and celebrate your achievements.
· Wonderful children who love learning.
· A caring community school that embraces the diversity of our local area.
Closing date: Friday 25th May (noon)
Shortlisting of candidates will take place on receipt of application forms. Candidates will be contacted if successfully shortlisted and an interview will be arranged for a mutually convenient time.
Successful candidates will be asked complete a written task. They will also be observed delivering a 1:1 task during the course of the interview. More information will be given after shortlisting.