Malvern College Chengdu is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Librarian.
The successful candidate will provide high quality teaching and learning; will assist the Head of Department with raising the profile of the subject throughout the school and will contribute to the development and delivery of the College’s vision and values.
• Manage and oversee all library services including operation, policies and procedures, resources, and facilities;
• Supervise library staff and where applicable, volunteers and student librarians;
• Promote the school’s academic honesty policy and the ethical use of information;
• Collaborate with classroom teachers and specialists to design and implement effective units of inquiry to support interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary learning;
• Manage the planning, administrative and budgetary functions of the library;
• Analyse and evaluate library and information services, technology and media service requirements;
• Prepare reports related to library and information services, technology and media services, resources and activities;
• Perform cataloguing and classification of print, audio-visual, electronic and online resources;
• Maintain inventories, compile statistics and generate reports as required;
• Provide library services in response to the information needs of library users;
• Respond to daily on-site requests for information.
• A relevant degree and appropriate qualifications in librarianship;
• Experience in managing library services, ideally in the education sector;
• Experience in working in an international school setting;
• Experience or familiarity with a Library Management System (such as Follett) is preferred;
• Ideally English speaker; some Chinese helpful
• Strong administrative, organizational, and IT skills.
All applications should be submitted online via the TES online application. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, Two Years
Start date: August 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Chengdu is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant background checks.