Brand-new all-through mixed 4-18 comprehensive in Redbridge.
In September 2012 Isaac Newton Academy opened with its inaugural cohort of 180 year 7 students. In 2014 the primary phase opened with 90 pupils per year group. The school will grow, year on year, to become a 4-18 academy of nearly 2000 students.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional Librarian to lead the library until August 2017 during the permanent Librarian’s parental leave, with possibility to extend beyond.
The successful candidate will:
- have experience of working with and motivating young people to engage with reading
- have an excellent knowledge of adult and children’s literature and ideally have worked in a school library/learning resource centre
- be approachable, highly organised and flexible, with excellent communication and ICT
- have a strong belief in the transformational power of literature and reading
- have the resilience and motivation to seek to continually improve systems and standards
- possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of Ilford residents.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- play a key role in the evolution of Isaac Newton Academy
- work with the Whole School Literacy Coordinator to implement the Academy’s Reading Policy and support students in developing a lifelong love of reading
- join the Ark Schools network, with comprehensive career and professional development provision
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend Isaac Newton Academy and members of the local community, then we are keen to hear from you.
If you have any technical issues with the application form, please contact our recruitment team on 0203 116 6345 or email@example.com. For a candidate information pack or an informal, confidential discussion please contact Gina Webb, HR Officer, on 020 8911 6666 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please go to https://goo.gl/zt4JFp.
Please complete your application by Midday on Monday 26th June
Location: Ilford, Redbridge
Hours: 36 hours per week, 52 weeks per year (annualised hours contract)
Isaac Newton Academy, Redbridge
Principal: Rachel Macfarlane