Inspired learning. Empowering young women of integrity. We are seeking two enthusiastic, experienced Library Assistants to join our school.
We are seeking an enthusiastic library assistant to join a friendly and vibrant library team in the senior school. This role is a part-time position from Monday to Thursday, 2pm to 7pm. The willingness to support a team and student welfare and learning is paramount.
The ideal applicant has experience working in libraries, working towards a library qualification or has experience in customer service. The position would particularly suit someone who would like to further develop and gain experience in the world of libraries and has a passion for reading, information and learning. Support and training will be provided for the right applicant.
This role is a part-time position from Monday to Thursday, 2pm to 7pm commencing in February 2021. The willingness to support a team and student welfare and learning is paramount.
The key responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to):
Supervising and assisting students working in the library in the evenings;
Library administration including:
- covering books,
- shelf tidying,
- borrowing and returns,
- library displays.
- Managing the library circulation desk in the evenings;
We are looking for someone who:
- is independent and a self-starter;
- possesses a friendly and welcoming manner with outstanding customer service;
- has the ability to engage and build relationships with students of all ages, particularly teenagers;
- is able to demonstrate technological skills to learn our Library Management System;
- possess the ability to support the library team including teacher librarians and library technicians with administrative support;
- will support the co-curricular and pastoral care programs at the school;
- will actively support the ethos of this Anglican Independent School; and
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning.
The successful applicant will need to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to the interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 02 9388 6777
Applications close: 20 January 2021
Rose Bay, New South Wales