Applications are invited from energetic candidates with excellent administrative skills, preferably with library experience, to assist the Senior Librarian in promoting and developing our Senior and Junior School libraries.
The Senior School Library is at the heart of the school and it is open from 7.00am to 5pm throughout term time. It provides a vital information gateway for pupils and staff, with approximately 7500 books, including an excellent collection of reference material and recreational reading.
You will assist with the day to day running of the Library, ensuring the smooth operation of the library as a multi-use facility throughout the school week. You will also assist in the Junior School Library, particularly at morning break time.
About the School
Putney High School is a dynamic place to work, offering a range of career opportunities and benefits. Established in 1893, the school is set in leafy, tranquil grounds close to the heart of Putney and to the River Thames.
The School is part of the GDST, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools. We can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
Closing date: Monday 26th August 2019.
Interviews will be held week commencing 2nd September 2019.
Putney High School is committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.