Closing Date: Thursday 4th March 2021 at 12:00 noon.
We are seeking to appoint a hardworking, enthusiastic and conscientious individual for the position of Library Manager - LRC at Sheffield Park Academy for an Easter 2021 start date. We are looking for a passionate individual who believes that reading and literacy should be at the heart of a good school. Hours of work are 8:00am – 4:00pm, 37.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum (term time only).
Main duties will include:
- Management of the school library, its environment, electronic and hard copy resources to provide a comprehensive, effective and up to date library service that is accessible to all students.
- To manage the reading programmes and intervention programmes for students.
- Act as a co-educator by teaching staff and students the skills of information literacy within curricular contexts
- Ensure that the LRC is fully stocked, sourcing and providing estimates for new materials.
- Actively promote the LRC and a love of reading
- Arrange materials for effective retrieval, including systematic indexing, classification and cataloguing of all the school’s resources.
- Management of the ‘Accelerated Reader / Read Write Inc’ programme.
- Guide and assist students with the choice of literature that meets both curricular and appropriate ability.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent facilities and resources including a modern, well stocked library base.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Excellent employee benefits which include an excellent pension scheme.
What we would like from you:
- To be a team player.
- To have a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- To be approachable and have excellent people skills.
- Outstanding organisation skills and a keen attention to detail.
- A fundamental belief in the power of education to enable students to achieve anything they set their minds to.
- Library qualifications up to degree level are desirable.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ academy. We are looking for a candidate committed to playing a part in transforming the lives of our young people. Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
About the School:
- A United Learning academy
- Sheffield Park Academy is rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted.
- Our whole-school ethos of ‘the best in everyone’ underpins our core values of ambition, confidence, creativity, respect, enthusiasm and determination. Our aim is to send every student out into the world instilled with these values, as well as the right knowledge, skills and qualifications, so that they are ready to play their part in it.
Sheffield Park Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Sheffield Park Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
Please apply online by clicking on the following link: https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/2111020?cid=1567&rsid=0&js=0&LinkType=1&FromSearch=False
Where support is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.
Sheffield Park Academy