Hours: 20 hrs pw, term time only (12.00pm – 4.00pm)
We are looking for a friendly and flexible individual to join our busy team at Grimsdyke School. You will provide day to day management of the school library, provide lunchtime cover for the medical room, and assist with various administrative/office tasks.
Duties will include:
- supervising pupils within the library,
- cataloguing books and managing the computerised library system,
- organising lunchtime activities within the library
- working with other school staff to develop and promote a love of literacy in our pupils
- providing lunchtime cover in the medical room for approximately one hour per day, administering first aid and medication to pupils as necessary
- providing cover in the front office as and when required
- assisting with other administrative tasks as requested by the Business Manager or Headteacher
- the promotion of our Rights Respecting ethos on a day to day basis.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- excellent communication and numeracy skills (essential)
- good ICT knowledge and experience of using computerised systems (essential)
- proven experience in a school setting (essential)
- experience of working in a library setting (desirable)
- a love of reading and literacy
- the flexibility to undertake a variety of different tasks
- the ability to communicate sensitively and professionally with pupils and parents
Grimsdyke Primary is a “Rights Respecting” school that offers;
- A strong ethos of high expectations and performance.
- Focussed and aspirational children.
- A bright, well-resourced working environment.
- Caring and committed staff and governors.
- Opportunities to develop both personally and professionally.
Grimsdyke School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Application packs are available from email@example.com or can be collected in person from the school office.
Closing date: Midday on Thursday 16th November 2017
Interviews: Thursday 23rd & Friday 24th November 2017