Required for after May 2021, an enthusiastic, inspiring and skilled practitioner to support our students and facilitate excellent learning.
You will liaise with senior staff to identify underperforming students for literacy intervention and will plan and deliver agreed literacy intervention to all age groups.
Bourne Community College is a growing and unique 11-16 mixed comprehensive Trust school, valued and supported by the local community. We have been awarded the Unicef Rights Respecting Schools Award ‘Gold’, which very few secondary schools hold in the country.
We have high expectations for our students and of our staff and we aim to provide the highest quality education in an atmosphere of mutual respect where everyone is valued. We are a fully inclusive school where each individual is supported to develop and nurture the values, skills and attributes that enable them to become the very best that they can, regardless of their individual needs.
You will be able to demonstrate our key foci:-
• ASPIRATION – you will be passionate and excited about learning, with high aspiration for yourself and all students.
• INNOVATION – you will have the capacity to design and deliver engaging and challenging Literacy support to our students, making effective use of data tracking to enable students to make high levels of progress.
• MOTIVATION – you will have excellent knowledge of Literacy and the ability to communicate this effectively using a range of strategies to motivate and support student progress.
What you can expect in return:-
• A commitment to the on-going development of Literacy and its role in helping the school achieve its aims.
• An established, dynamic and supportive staff team committed to ensuring a productive and successful place to work.
• A culture of high expectation and challenge as we consistently seek to develop and extend our practice.
• A commitment to developing reflective practitioners through our Continued Professional Development programme.
Previous experience of working in an education setting and/or with young people is desirable. The post would suit someone looking for experience before embarking on a career in teaching.
This is a permanent post required for May 2021, for 30 hours per week, term time only, plus Inset Days.
Salary will be paid at Grade 6 Points 9-12 (£20903 - £22183.00 p.a. pro rata)
Completed application forms to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post addressed to the Headteacher, Mrs Yvonne Watkins.
Closing date for applications: 9.00am Monday 19 April 2021
Interviews: w/c Monday 26 April 2021
Bourne Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, proof of right to work in the UK, references and health check.
Bourne Community College