Terms and Conditions: Permanent, 37 hours per week, term time only (+ 1 week)
Actual Salary: £17,377 - £20,361 pro rata per annum
Full time equivalent salary: £19,698 - £23,080 (Grade 4)
Required: As soon as possible
About the role
We are seeking to appoint a Literacy Intervention Tutor to provide support to students with literacy and dyslexia difficulties through bespoke interventions; working with curriculum areas to ensure that students with low levels of literacy and/or dyslexia are able to develop strategies to help them make good progress.
The postholder will work with students with a specific learning difficulty (SpLD) supporting their learning and assisting with their progress to obtain the maximum benefit from the school curriculum.
The role will support the SENDCo / Assistant SENDCo and include literacy screening to identify SpLD, provide one to one and small group tuition, establish and deliver a coherent and appropriate curriculum for groups of students, assessment guidance, and provide training to the wider school to meet the needs of all students with SpLD.
We are looking for someone who:
• Holds a suitable relevant higher level qualification in English or similar subject, such as a degree
• Comprehensive knowledge of literacy and dyslexia difficulties and bespoke interventions
• Excellent knowledge and experience of recommended assessments for students identified with dyslexic type difficulties
• A good understanding of the needs and characteristics of students across the age range 11-19 in particular with literacy and dyslexia difficulties
• Recent experience of working with young people, either in a school setting, or involvement in voluntary work.
• Experience of using a range of computer packages including Microsoft Office
• Confidence to work in a challenging environment and work under pressure handling situations with patience and sensitivity
• Excellent communication skills
Blue Coat Church of England School & Music College is a successful and oversubscribed large secondary school in the heart of the city of Coventry with a vision ‘Living life in all its fullness’. As a Church of England school, our intake draws from both the local area and across the city and surrounding areas. We are a member of Inspire Education Trust, a Coventry based multi-academy trust which sets out to provide an environment where both staff and students can thrive, and putting children at the heart of everything we do.
Why work for us?
A career at Blue Coat offers a rewarding future, with the opportunity to make a real impact on the lives and outcomes of our young people. We understand the importance of providing a supportive and nurturing workplace for our staff. Our ethos is that a happy staff will deliver the best possible experience to our students. As such, we offer a portfolio of benefits designed to enhance and support the working lives of our staff. These include, but are not limited to:
• A highly supportive and committed Senior Leadership Team
• An effective continuing professional development (CPD) programme, including personalised training sessions and opportunities for both internal and external training
• Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 confidential advice and support on a range of matters and access to accredited counsellors
• A focus on staff well-being and mental health including free counselling for staff, a full time chaplain, a Trust wellbeing group, strong relationships with Unions and a supportive working environment
• Opportunity to join a committed and forward thinking team of support staff
• Employee Benefits programme providing staff access to a range of discounts and shopping vouchers.
How to apply
All applications must be received electronically via our TES page: https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/blue-coat-school-and-music-college-1000375
If you experience any problems with the online application process please contact TES directly: email@example.com
If you have any queries about the post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 29 September 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing 4 October 2021
Information for candidates
We aim to recruit the very best staff and welcome those from all backgrounds, communities and faiths (including non-faith individuals). We particularly welcome applications from those which are underrepresented in our workforce. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and male candidates.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment to this post will be subject to vetting checks including an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Blue Coat School & Music College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years