New Wave English Hub is one of the 34 DfE-designated English Hubs and a designated Coordinating Hub and Delivery Hub for the government’s post-Covid Phonics Accelerator Fund. Our mission is to support schools in achieving excellence in early literacy, developing children who are confident, enthusiastic readers. We are looking to appoint an additional outstanding Reception/KS1 teacher to develop phonics and early reading across the region and support schools to access funding for accredited SSP programmes.
The Literacy Specialist will:
- Have an excellent understanding of early language and reading development;
- Have a proven track record of fantastic teaching in Reception and/or KS1, including age appropriate phonics;
- Be passionate about instilling a love of reading in all children;
- Have experience of delivering effective school to school support
The Literacy Specialist will be based at Grazebrook Primary School for 3-4 days a week, with the option of working remotely, on the Lead Practitioner Pay Scale (point to be negotiated, depending on experience).This is initially a fixed term, one year contract.
Roles & Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Reading Leaders in partner schools to improve phonics teaching;
- Teaching model lessons as part of our showcase events;
- Carrying out audits of reading provision in supported schools;
- Leading phonics and early reading training.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND AN APPLICATION PACK, PLEASE EMAIL LISA LANGLEY AT
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 24.09.21
The New Wave Federation
- English primary schools