Operating in close association with Harrow School, London, Harrow Bangkok is part of a family of schools in the UK and Asia who share a similar ethos and high standards. Benefitting from a 35-acre garden campus in one of the world’s most diverse and dynamic cities, Harrow Bangkok is firmly established, highly respected and consistently popular with more than 1,600 boys and girls aged 18 months to 18 years, including 15% who board. Graduates achieve world-class examination results and move on to high-ranking universities worldwide following a progressive, rigorous academic education aligned with a strong commitment to developing the whole person.
We are seeking an experienced senior leader who will be responsible for overseeing the pedagogy and curriculum within the Lower School. The successful candidate will play a lead role under the overall direction of the Head of Lower School, (HoLS), in formulating the aims and objectives of the Lower School (LS) and establish the policies through which they are to be achieved. To be responsible for the standards and curriculum of all students including monitoring of progress towards achievement, proactively manage staff, coordinate professional development and resources. The successful candidate will support the Head of Lower School in driving forward improvements and maintaining excellent outcomes for our students.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of successful leadership and demonstrable experience of developing high performing staff teams. Strong organisational management skills and strategic ability are crucial, as is the gravitas and interpersonal skills required to engage successfully across the breadth of Harrow Bangkok’s internal and external stakeholders. Cultural awareness and global perspective, as well as a genuine resonance with holistic education are also essential.
Please apply for this vacancy if you meet the following requirements.
• Appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving QTS
• Minimum five years’ teaching experience
• Familiarity with the National Curriculum of England (Plus IGCSE/GCSE and/or A Levels as appropriate)
• Ability to provide curriculum and pedagogical leadership and support for large teams
• Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
• Ability to monitor the work of others and provide effective and credible feedback leading to improvement
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to a wide range of audiences
• A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
• Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
• Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
• Previous experience working with students for whom English is not a first language
• A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
• Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all other countries in which the applicant has worked and no question regarding suitability to work with children
• Appropriate references from current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
How to apply
• Please click on the 'Apply on school website' button below in order to complete our online application form
Wednesday,5th January 2022 at midnight GMT (early applications encouraged as shortlisting / interviews will be held on a rolling basis)
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All appointments are conditional on:
• Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all countries in which you have worked
• Appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
All enquiries should be directed to Harrow Bangkok email@example.com
Please find Prospectus in this link
Please find Professional Development Bulletin in this link
More information is available on our website https://www.harrowschool.ac.th/about-us/recruitment/information-for-applicants
Harrow International School Bangkok
Harrow Bangkok is the original Harrow International School in Asia, founded in 1998. The school is thriving, with its own reputation for educational excellence as one of the leading schools in Thailand and So...