At ISL we are committed to academic excellence, collaboration, innovation, integrity, continuous learning, and global responsibility. To fulfil this commitment, we look to hire the best professionals possible, world-wide. We are fortunate to employ over 290 outstanding teachers, support staff and administrators coming from more than 25 different countries. Our expectations are as high for our staff as they are for our students.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join ISL as a Lower School Librarian / Media Specialist!
For further information about the role and ISL, please visit our website: www.islux.lu/careers
To apply, please complete our online application form :
Role’s brief description: The teacher is a resource person for student and parents. Teachers are expected to be aware of the philosophy, goals, objectives and policies of the school and to co-ordinate personal goals and objectives within this framework. Teachers report to the School Principal.
Profile: (training, experience, skills and aptitudes necessary to do the job)
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in library and Information science;
• At least two years of successful experience working in an international school environment as a full-time school librarian and familiarity with international school curricula;
• Broad experience with English-based book collections and circulation systems with respect to the curriculum taught in the classrooms;
• Strong interpersonal skills in supporting and working with teachers and their students in their regular classroom activities and research efforts;
• Broad knowledge and strong interest in promoting technology to further learning;
• Experience of promoting deep learning strategies and understanding differentiation to support and enrich student learning;
• Experience of working to develop thinking, learning and independence through inquiry;
• Experience and desire to co create thinking and learning environments;
• An international outlook, with network connections with school Librarians all over the world and also locally;
• The ability to raise the profile of the Library and promote reading throughout the school via different channels, including social media, reading events, visiting authors, etc.
• Experienced in a collaborative teaching and working environment, used to connect and work with different departments;
• Fluency in English (near-native level); preferably some knowledge of French and German;
• Excellent ICT skills (online databases, e-books, social media) as well as experience with library information systems;
• Strong administrative skills, to efficiently manage the Library budget and conduct necessary ordering of Library resources in an organised manner.
• An understanding of the student body in international schools, with the emphasis on diversity of culture and experience with students who are English Language Learners.
Working conditions: Full time (40h/week) – Indefinite duration contract
At ISL we offer: Leadership, inspiration and support. A competitive salary scale with a great range of benefits (School Holidays, Lunch Vouchers, access to professional development training, etc) and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.