Mesaieed International School – Primary Campus, is a fantastic school with high aspirations for its students, staff and the wider community.
Our internationally focused school provides education for children from 3 – 18 years of age, with approximately 1100 children representing 30 different nationalities. We are an important hub for the community we serve and your leadership will support both the school and the community to thrive. We follow the National Curriculum for England and your leadership will be key in the achievement of our vision to provide inspirational teaching which motivates and challenges children and enables them to achieve their very best. The QP values are reflected in all that we do which makes MIS a supportive, friendly and enabling environment in which to work and provides a strong platform from which you can lead.
We are looking for a talented and knowledgeable classroom practitioner who has experience as a successful leader, with a passion for leading significant change. We have an exciting challenge ahead of us, to continue the development of the Lower School. As a KS1/Lower KS2 specialist, you will work with your team to create a provision that supports children’s development as active, engaged learners in an inspiring, creative and language rich environment. With your leadership, guidance and support, children will feel happy and secure and make strong progress in all areas of the curriculum. High expectations of what every child can achieve is central to your philosophy and a commitment to motivate both children and colleagues. This is a wonderful opportunity for an outstanding leader to play a substantial role in shaping the next phase of the school’s development and to lead in an environment of professional autonomy and trust, supported by a forward thinking senior leadership team.
The position has a teaching commitment of approximately 10 hours per week and the successful candidate will play a crucial role within the newly structured Middle Leadership Team.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a vision for outstanding provision across all year groups of the lower school and the capacity to implement this in our school
• Has excellent knowledge of teaching, learning and assessment in Years 1 - 3
• Has a secure understanding of an evidenced based, contextually driven school improvement cycle
• Has an up to date knowledge of the National Curriculum for England including recent curriculum developments.
• Has good understanding of Early Years practice in addition to high quality KS2 teaching and learning to support effectively the transitions processes
• Can lead on professional development to raise standards of teaching and learning
• Is skilled at motivating and engaging staff and able to secure the commitment from all colleagues to drive the school forward
• Has knowledge and experience of using RWI, the mastery approach for teaching and learning in mathematics and understanding of assessment tools, e.g. Target Tracker
• Understands the differing needs of all learners including BML children
In return for your passion and ensuring a dynamic and high-quality education, successful candidates will be employees of Qatar Petroleum. You will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, including generous tax-free salaries, free accommodation and utilities, interest free car loan, education assistance for up to four children, medical cover, airfares, paid school holidays and access to sporting and leisure facilities.
If you would like to join our team and make a real difference to the education of our children, please apply immediately with a one page letter of application, detailing how you meet the criteria above, a full CV and a recent photograph.
Disclaimer: Mesaieed International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to have undertaken relevant safeguarding checks
Mesaieed International School
- Mainstream school with state funding
- All-through School
- Students of age 3 - 17 years
About Mesaieed International School
We are a Qatar Petroleum owned international school that follows the British curriculum. The school currently has 1360 pupils from the ages of 3-18. We have a genuinely comprehensive intake, open to the Mesai...