At ISL we are committed to academic excellence, collaboration, innovation, integrity, continuous learning, and global responsibility. To fulfil this commitment, we look to hire the best professionals possible, world-wide. We are fortunate to employ over 270 outstanding teachers, support staff and administrators coming from more than 20 different countries. Our expectations are as high for our staff as they are for our students.
We are looking for an outstanding and dedicated Lower School Upper Elementary Classroom Teacher to join our highly experienced and collaborative team at ISL!
For further information about the role and ISL, please visit our website: www.islux.lu/careers
For this position, it is ISLux’s intention to consider in priority candidates applying and going to the below recruitment fairs, which the School will be attending :
Search Associates Job Fairs:
Bangkok - January Fair: January 8 - 11, 2018
London - January Fair: January 18 - 21, 2018
Cambridge, U.S.A. Fair: January 25 - 28, 2018
CIS Career & Recruitment Fair /London: 25 - 28 January 2018
Role’s brief description: The teacher is a resource person for student and parents. Teachers are expected to be aware of the philosophy, goals, objectives and policies of the school and to co-ordinate personal goals and objectives within this framework. Teachers report to the School Principal.
Profile: (training, experience, skills and aptitudes necessary to do the job)
• Current teaching certificate or equivalent;
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (MA preferred);
• Fluency in English (near native level);
• At least two years of recent successful experience teaching students in upper elementary (grades 2 to 5);
• Recent successful teaching in an International School setting;
• Familiarity and fluency with technology supported learning;
• Familiarity with and understanding of recent developments in elementary education;
• Experienced in working in a collaborative teaching situation;
• Technologically competent in basic resources and programmes (ex: Atlas Rubicon, Office 365 preferred);
• Understanding of and experience with teaching students who are English Language Learners.
Working conditions: Full time – Indefinite duration contract
At ISL we offer: Leadership, inspiration and support. A competitive salary scale with a great range of benefits (School Holidays, Lunch vouchers, access to professional development training, etc) and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.