Dates: Apply by 12pm on Thursday 23rd November 2017
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £2,464.57 - Grade 1 (FTE: £15,756.00)
Location: Nishkam High School
Contract type: Term-Time Only (38 Weeks)
Core Hours of Work: 7.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday 12:15pm - 1:45pm)
Main activities will include:
- Supervise behaviour of pupils, ensuring safe and orderly conduct within the dining hall
- Monitor pupils in the dining hall to encourage them to eat healthy lunches and complete their meal
- Ensure the dining hall is set up, ready for pupils at the beginning of each sitting, i.e. clean the tables, lay out the tables with cutlery, water, glasses and condiments, set up the trollies and bins
- Monitor and support pupils at the Hand Washing Area
- Supply drinks to pupils who receive school dinners
- Assist pupils using trollies, when distributing meals
- Ensure that all areas of the dining hall are left safe, clean and tidy ready at the end of lunchtime, i.e. sweeping and mopping the floor, emptying trollies and bins
- Send all used cutlery and plates to the dining hall kitchen ready to wash
- Any other duties appropriate to the post.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Ensure compliance with the school’s Equal Opportunities Policy and take an active role in promoting equality and diversity
- Support the school’s vision, mission, faith and ethos.
- Attend relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training, other learning activities and performance development reviews.
- Lunchtime Assistant should be comfortable working with and alongside pupils
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with children and colleagues
- Ability to maintain a positive, safe and healthy school environment
- Basic childcare and health & safety knowledge.
Nishkam School Trust (NST) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced CRB Disclosure.
- You need to complete an application form, which you can download from our website www.nishkamschool.org/recruitment or contact the school office on 0121 348 7660
- Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on Thursday 23rd November 2017
- Successful applicants will be contacted on Friday 24th November 2017
- Interviews will be held week beginning 27th November 2017