Part-time 12 hours a week, Term Time only
Children’s Services, Summerhouse Behaviour Support Service
- To work as part of the Summerhouse Team to ensure that children and families receive the highest standards of help and support.
- To undertake the serving and clearing away of meals for pupils and staff and general duties, including cleaning tasks in the kitchen and dining area.
The person specification describes the essential criteria, (minimum requirements), that a candidate must demonstrate for appointment. The desirable criteria are used to help us select between candidates. The criteria initially tested at short listing stages may be given further consideration at later stages of recruitment.
Use the application form to describe how you meet the criteria outlined below. You should explain and provide examples to outline how your experience, knowledge and skills transfer to the challenges of this post. Do not use more than 4000 characters for any of these sections (knowledge, experience or skills) and please do not feel that you need to reach this limit.
Criteria tested initially at short listing stage.
E = Essential, or D = Desirable.
- Knowledge of basic Health and Safety and food hygiene (E)
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding practice (E)
- Effective communication skills (E)
- Ability to lift food boxes, chairs and tables if necessary (E)
- Ability to maintain a clean and hygienic environment (E)
The following criteria will be tested at later stages of recruitment.
These are broken down under the headings “Knowledge”, “Experience”, and “Skills”.
Each of the criteria is noted as either E = Essential, or D = Desirable.
- Ability to monitor and record food temperatures (E)
- Ability to react calmly and quickly in an emergency (E)
Special Conditions of Recruitment