We have an exciting opportunity to join the lunchtime supervision team at Oasis Academy Byron.
Are you enthusiastic, calm under pressure and able to communicate well with staff and children? Do you demonstrate a love of working with children and a commitment to the school ethos and vision of inclusion, equality, and endeavour for excellence? If so this could be the role for you.
We are looking for someone who is able to:
• talk to children and adults in a clear and calm manner
• work as part of a group and on their own
• encourage high standards of pupil behaviour at all times
• respect confidential information
• initiate games and activities appropriate to the age of the children
• remain calm in a crisis
• undertake appropriate training as required
• promote the school when talking to visitors, colleagues, and members of the community
• demonstrate passion and enthusiasm to provide the very best opportunities and resources for all our children
We offer a creative, positive, and friendly staff team and a supportive environment where there are opportunities for professional development.
Oasis Academy Byron is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and the successful candidate will need and enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, evidence of right to work in the UK and two satisfactory references.
We are an equal opportunities employer and aim to promote and ensure equal treatment for all.
Further information about the school can be found on our school website: www.oasisacademybyron.org. Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and appointments can be made to view by emailing: Byron@oasisbyron.org or telephone 0208 668 4877
To apply for this position please email: Byron@oasisbyron.org or telephone 0208 668 4877 to request an application pack.
Please provide a supporting statement, which shows how you meet the criteria outlined in the Person Specification. (Please do not submit stand-alone curriculum vitae or Croydon Council application forms).
PLEASE NOTE AS A SAFER RECRUITMENT SCHOOL WE WILL TAKE UP REFERENCES PRIOR TO YOU BEING CALLED FOR INTERVIEW, UNLESS YOU CAN PROVIDE US WITH A VALID REASON FOR REFERENCES NOT TO BE TAKEN UP AT THIS STAGE. PLEASE ENSURE YOU PROVIDE TWO EMAIL ADDRESSES ON YOUR APPLICATION FORM FOR REFEREES TO BE CONTACTED.
Application forms and supporting statements should be submitted to:
Closing Date: Monday 20th September, noon
Interviews: Week beginning 27th September 2021
Tenable: immediate start
OASIS ACADEMY BYRON
Surrey CR5 2XE
Tel: 020 8668 4877
Principal: Mrs J Poplett Deputy Principal: Mr J Norris
Oasis Academy Byron
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years