Contract Type: Part-Time, Permanent
Salary: £3,720.29 per annum
Hours: Monday – Friday 1.5 hours per day (12:25 – 13:45) 7.5 hours a week.
Term Time Only.
The Petchey Academy is looking to recruit a Lunchtime Supervisor to assist the catering staff and pastoral teams in the efficient and safe management of lunchtime, ensuring all students eat a healthy meal and promoting their health and well-being at lunchtime.
RECEIVES SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS FROM: Deputy Headteacher with responsibility for behaviour/members of the extended Senior Leadership Group/ Year Leads.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To Lead and support other staff supervising lunchtime
• To monitor rotas and attendance and pass on any instructions between leaders and other staff
• To ensure all students and staff comply with expectations of lunchtime
• To liaise with the pastoral team, senior leadership team and any other staff as required
• To monitor the behaviour of students, promoting positive behaviour and reporting any incidents to the year leads as appropriate at the end of the session in line with the Academy’s behaviour policies
As Lunch Time Supervisor
• To supervise students whilst eating their lunch
• To supervise students and staff in clearing away and tidying the refectory according to Lunch time guidelines
• To assist with charging students on the catering till system
• To supervise students in the refectory, being especially vigilant as to their health and safety, welfare and security, in accordance with the Academy’s policies
• To ensure the acceptable behaviour and safe conduct of students by maintaining good order and discipline, dealing as appropriate (including use of appropriate restraint) with all incidents of disorder, ensuring that any disruption is minimised
• To take appropriate independent action to minimise disruption
• To assist in maintaining a calm and respectful atmosphere during Lunch Service
• To provide immediate first aid treatment to students if required (following appropriate training)
• To carry out tasks and duties as required by the line manager, appropriate to the grading of the post
• To be prepared to undertake professional development and training
• To ensure that no food is taken out of the refectory and that all student job roles are completed before the students are dismissed
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
A Section 128 check will be carried out on individuals applying for any role that retains or has been delegated any management responsibilities under the terms of a direction made by the Secretary of State for Education.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUALITY
The Petchey Academy is committed to promoting equality for all students and employees. Every individual will be treated with courtesy and respect, and their contribution to the learning process will be valued.
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you.
*Please note The Petchey Academy reserve the right to interview and close the job entry early*
The Petchey Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The Petchey Academy is committed to inspiring and supporting every child to be the best that they can be. Our focus is on each child as an individual, through strong pastoral support systems complemented by a broad and holistic curriculum and high qu...