Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Required to teach across a range of Media courses both theory and practical up to the equivalent of HND.
• Responsible for planning and managing learning programmes (which will include curriculum development and regular review meetings)
• Responsible for the management and tracking of the student learning programme to include administering all paperwork related to tutor courses and groups, tracking documents monitoring targets, achieving and maintaining group size targets and arranging additional support where required.
• Act as a course leader providing learners with academic support, meeting their vocational and educational needs.
• Carry out the required assessment which will include initial advice and guidance, initial assessment, referral for additional support, assign homework and provide timely feedback on the learning experience.
• Ensure timely and accurate completion of student and course registers and ensure poor student attendance is addressed and targets set when required.
• Liaise with parents/guardians, schools and other organisations with regards to attendance and achievements, where applicable.
• Responsible for ensuring student progress records are completed in a timely manner which will include monitoring of targets, Individual Learning Plans and e Tracker to provide course progression, advice and guidance.
• Classroom management including monitoring attendance, punctuality and student behavior.
• Be responsible for completing and maintaining appropriate internal and external quality standards (for example Internal Verification and External Verification).
• Be compliant with equality in teaching and learning.
• Contribute towards enrichment programmes, work placements and educational visits to enhance the learning experience.
• Comply with the Quality Assurance procedures of the College which includes lesson observations.
• Ensure “In Attendance” time is carried out to meet the needs of the students’ and divisional priorities.
• To carry out student assessments using a range of techniques and tools determined by the college.
• Provide pastoral care and student support in conjunction with Student Services.
• Work with the Quality team and curriculum Division to monitor, evaluate and improve the effectiveness of learning, including the use of lesson and peer observations.
• Support students to improve their study skills and exam techniques. • Be available to cover for colleagues in line with contractual arrangements and, where agreed, provide support and guidance as a mentor to new staff.
• Staff are personal tutors to groups and are responsible for completing ILPs, monitoring student progress, delivering tutorial programmes, liaising with parents, carers and employers (where applicable), monitoring attendance and punctuality, providing pastoral care , assisting in UCAS application and references and support the election of course student reps.
• Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as directed and required, that is commensurate with the grade of the post and prescribed in the MGL contract of employment. It is the responsibility of all MGL’s;
a) to contribute to the college achieving its strategic aims.
b) to carry out duties regarding the writing and submitting of sub-divisional SAR’s.
c) to understand and apply the college’s relevant policies, procedures and practices.
d) Carry out duties regarding recruitment, enrolment, admissions, open days and any other promotional/marketing events in line with the contract and guidelines.
e) to meet the professional requirements by working within a professional value base and conforming to agreed codes of professional practice and conduct.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
a) Comply with college policies and procedures and health and safety regulations.
b) Support the safeguarding and promotion of students’ welfare.
c) Maintain confidentiality in relation to all college information and to comply with Data Protection Legislation.
d) Participate in the college’s Appraisal Scheme and undertake any Continuous Professional Development training, self directed/directed, to develop innovative teaching and learning techniques and strategies.