Kowloon Junior School Website: http://www.kjs.edu.hk
KJS is one of the primary schools under the English Schools Foundation (ESF), the largest provider of English-medium international education in Hong Kong, and is a very large, well-established five form entry school catering for 900 students from Year 1 to Year 6, and is an IB World School. Teaching and learning at KJS is rich in inquiry and underpinned by a rigorous approach to pedagogy and practice.
At KJS, our staff work in close partnership to realise our School Vision of “Success for Every Child”. Our aim is to help students develop the confidence, self-esteem and motivation necessary to “become lifelong learners who are empowered to take action to make a positive difference in the world”. We are committed to achieving our vision by:
● Being internationally minded.
● Our commitment to developing a community of learners.
● Developing independence and collaboration in pursuit of excellence.
● Valuing mistakes as learning opportunities and recognising endeavor.
● Treating others as we would like to be treated.
● Recognizing, respecting and actively seeking the ideas and opinions of others.
● Encouraging creativity and innovation.
● Having high expectations of ourselves and others.
● Promoting physical, social and emotional well-being across the community.
● Demonstrating our values through responsible action.
Kowloon Junior School is looking for a Mainscale Class Teacher. The position will be a full-time two years contract starting August 2020, renewable by mutual consent. See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package.
The main role of the classroom teacher is to maximise student learning and development through the planning, preparation and teaching of programmes which meet students’ individual learning needs and achieve specific student outcomes. Teachers teach a range of student abilities and classes and are accountable for the effective delivery of their programmes. The classroom teacher engages in critical reflection in order to improve their knowledge and skills to better engage students and improve their learning.
Teaching and Assessment:
• Planning lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression.
• Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management.
• Use flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line with the IBO philosophy
• Maintain a well organised and stimulating learning environment
• Use technology to effectively enhance learning
• Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
• Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement in relation to learning outcomes.
• Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers.
Wider professional roles:
• Planning and engaging in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities.
• Taking responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning.
• Making an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school.
• Ensuring administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently
• Collaborating with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning.
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Assisting with or managing an aspect of daily school management.
• Assisting year level co-ordinators, curriculum co-ordinators, student management co-ordinators, principal and vice principal with the performance of specific functions.
• Assisting with or managing a specialist function such as sport, careers, student welfare, excursions or camps co-ordination.
• Supervising a range of student activities including support and welfare programmes.
• Bachelor Degree in Education, or
• Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
• 1-3 years teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
Closing Date: 24 Nov 2019
For enquiries, please contact Astor Gibbons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.