Quarry Bay School Website: http://www.qbs.edu.hk
Quarry Bay School is looking for a Mainscale Class Teacher, Early Years starting August 2021.The position will be a full-time two years contract starting August 2021, renewable by mutual consent. See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package.
The main role of the classroom teacher is to maximise student learning and development through the planning, preparation and teaching of programmes which meet students’ individual learning needs and achieve specific student outcomes. Teachers teach a range of student abilities and classes and are accountable for the effective delivery of their programmes. The classroom teacher engages in critical reflection in order to improve their knowledge and skills to better engage students and improve their learning.
Teaching and Assessment:
• Planning lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression.
• Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management.
• Use flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line with the IBO philosophy
• Maintain a well organised and stimulating learning environment
• Use technology to effectively enhance learning
• Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
• Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement in relation to learning outcomes.
• Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers.
Wider professional roles:
• Planning and engaging in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities.
• Taking responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning.
• Making an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school.
• Ensuring administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently
• Collaborating with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning.
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Assisting with or managing an aspect of daily school management.
• Assisting year level leaders, curriculum leaders, principal and vice principal with the performance of specific functions.
• Assisting with or managing a specialist function such as sport, careers, student welfare, excursions or camps co-ordination.
• Supervising a range of student activities including support and welfare programmes.
• Bachelor Degree in Education, or
• Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
• 1-3 years teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation
• Experience working with early years students or Y1 - Y3 students will be an advantage
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
For enquiries, please contact Mina Dunstan at +852 2566 4242 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 12 April 2021
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date.
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is the largest English-medium international school organisation in Hong Kong. Our 22 schools and comprehensive programme of extra-curricular activities bring out the best in every student through a personalised approach to learning and by inspiring curious minds.
There are over 18,000 students from 75 different nationalities in ESF kindergartens, primary, secondary and all-through schools. About 70% of our students have parents who are permanent residents of Hong Kong.
ESF is proud of the high academic and wider achievements of our students. In 2020, 22 ESF students achieved the perfect score of 45 points in the IB Diploma examinations; more than 95% go on to leading universities worldwide.
About the Team
ESF Quarry Bay School aims to encourage a love of learning by providing learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom that help to develop confident, happy and successful learners who are curious about the world. We have 40 different nationalities represented in our school contributing to a rich and diverse learning environment.
We feel that all children have talents which can be developed and that all children can succeed. Providing equality of opportunity irrespective of race, gender, religion or disability for all children, is a vital aspect of our personal and social education policy which permeates all aspects of life in school. We encourage our students to care for each other and to develop as responsible, global citizens who can make a difference.
QBS prides itself on its quality relationships; students and adults work collaboratively and support each other enabling all to reach their full potential. Children with a range of learning needs are effectively supported by the school’s Individual Needs team. The school makes provision for children with moderate learning difficulties through the support of a specialist Learning Support teacher.
Quarry Bay School- ESF
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years
ESF Peak School opened in 1911 and grew rapidly to serve the needs of the community in the area. We are a 2-form entry school with 360 student places in Year 1 to Year 6. At Peak School, our mission is to become effective communicators, confident cri...