St James’ Primary Academy is a successful and ambitious school, with a firm commitment to continue to improve and develop every day. We are lucky enough to work on the historic and beautiful Jurassic coastline of Dorset – a place of sunshine, endless beaches and good links to the rest of Southern England.
We appoint aspirational and ambitious teachers who will deliver inspiring teaching that meets the needs of all learners.Our successful applicants will have a positive attitude of self improvement and a commitment to working alongside colleagues to share best practice, learn, reflect and improve. We are looking for professionals with a strong vocational commitment to enhance the life chances of our children with exciting and engaging teaching and learning. Essentially, we want to be the best primary school in the world, with the best staff, the best opportunities and the strongest focus on delivering an exceptional schooling experience for both children and adults.
If you fancy some of that then we’re very keen to hear from you… We are interested in hearing from both existing teachers and NQTs. Our successful candidates will be:
• Passionate about making learning experiences exciting and memorable
• Determined to ensure that all children have the opportunity to make good progress and will exceed national standards
• A teacher with high expectations of your own and children’s performance • Confident to engage with parents and develop positive home/school relationships,
• A reflective practitioner who is always open to new initiatives
• A team player who is highly motivated and enthusiastic
• Prepared to take an active part in the wider life of the school, willing to add something extra to the school community by sharing their talents
• Able to demonstrate knowledge of our school in their application and indicate how they believe they could contribute to developing our community and the opportunities for our children
• Empathetic and able to support and promote our Christian ethos
• Someone who lives life with a smile In return we offer:
• A learning community where you are encouraged to innovate, think for yourself, try new ideas, make a difference and take on responsibility
• An environment where learning is fun, exciting and unpredictable. We’ve just set a Guinness World Record, adopted a bunch of chickens and now we’re leading a national event to raise awareness of plastic pollution. Boom!
• Happy, enthusiastic children who are motivated to learn
• A dedicated and mutually supportive staff team
• Supportive leadership, parents and governors
• Opportunities to network with partnership school colleagues
• High quality opportunities for continued professional development
If you’re still reading this then that’s a good sign and thanks for sticking with us. Why not reward yourself by checking out this video on Youtube, called ‘Wright’s Law’. It’s not a bad way to spend ten minutes of your life…. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bSu_Snlbsw
Application Procedure If you have something to offer the children and staff at St James’, are ready for a new challenge and available from September 2018, then we would love to hear from you! Visits to our school are highly recommended and warmly welcomed.
Please contact the School Business Manager, Peter Leddin on: 01202 426696, to arrange an appointment for a visit. We are around during the Easter holiday if you want to come before the start of the Summer term, you keeno, you.
An application pack is available on the job vacancy page of our school website: (www.stjamescebournemouth.com) electronically via our School Business Manager: email@example.com ; or in hard copy from the school office.
Completed applications should be emailed to the email address provided above or sent by post clearly marked for the attention of the Principal to: St James’ CE Primary Academy, Pokesdown Hill, Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH7 6DW by the end of Thursday 19th April 2018.
St James’ CE Primary Academy and the PWDAT are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
We value the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community. St. James’ CE Primary Academy is committed to equal opportunities. Should you not be invited for interview please assume your application has not been shortlisted. We try to let people know if this is the case, however sometimes this is not possible due to our workload.