ESF International Kindergarten (Tung Chung) Website: http://www.tck.edu.hk
ESF International Kindergarten (Tung Chung) is looking for a Mainscale Teacher who thrives in a highly collaborative environment and who can make a positive contribution to our creative and dynamic community. We are looking for a teacher who is committed to professional development and who engages in reflective practices when planning an authentic curriculum. The position will be a full-time two years contract starting August 2021, renewable by mutual consent.
See ESF Terms and Condition for Kindergarten Teachers for further details of the package.
Teaching and Assessment:
- Planning a curriculum to meet students’ individual learning needs and to ensure students’ progression
- Planning for inquiry learning experiences in line with the IBO philosophy
- Using a range of appropriate strategies for learning and teaching and classroom management
- Maintain a well organised and stimulating learning environment
- Use technology to effectively enhance learning
- Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students
- Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show students’ achievement
- Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers
Wider professional roles:
- Planning and engaging in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities
- Taking responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning
- Making an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school
- Ensuring administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently
- Collaborating with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning
- Bachelor Degree in Education (Early Childhood Education), or Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE/PGDE in Early Childhood Education, or equivalent, which qualifies them to teach 3-5 years of age.
- 1-3 years teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
For enquiries, please contact Catherine Kan at email@example.com.
Candidates who applied in Oct 2020 need not reapply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date.
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is the largest English-medium international school organisation in Hong Kong. Our 22 schools and comprehensive programme of extra-curricular activities bring out the best in every student through a personalised approach to learning and by inspiring curious minds.
There are over 18,000 students from 75 different nationalities in ESF kindergartens, primary, secondary and all-through schools. About 70% of our students have parents who are permanent residents of Hong Kong.
ESF is proud of the high academic and wider achievements of our students. In 2020, 22 ESF students achieved the perfect score of 45 points in the IB Diploma examinations; more than 95% go on to leading universities worldwide.
About the Team
Our custom designed school for three to five year olds in Tung Chung opened in 2016. It is structured into morning and afternoon three-hour sessions for both K1 and K2. The space is functional, adaptable and well-resourced to meet the dynamic needs of the three to five year olds who inhabit it. The spaces are not only carefully and intentionally planned, but are also places of beauty that support learning, stimulate imaginations, nurture children, families and staff – and truly inspire the wonderful memories of childhood. Both indoor and outdoor spaces, materials, technology and equipment intrigue, invite and stimulate students to move, dance, roleplay, create art, develop language skills and investigate scientific principles.
The school reflects our aspiration for each of our children to flourish. Our goal is to nourish each child, individually, and meet their changing social and emotional needs every day. We strive to provide children with strong foundational skills for future academic success and also to equip them to participate as flexible, creative thinkers and engaged citizens in an increasingly complex and interdependent world.
International Kindergarten (Tung Chung) - ESF
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Early Years
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 5 years
For almost 50 years, ESF schools have offered world class educational opportunities to the Hong Kong community. The custom designed school for 3-5 year olds in Tung Chung reflects the mission and values of the Foundation that have guided the ES...