Position: Management Accountant
Start Date: 1 September 2020
Annual salary: £33,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
Time Commitment: Term time + six weeks during school holidays.
This position is full-time during term time.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 8.30 – 5pm or 9.00 – 5.30pm
Location: Palingswick House, 241 King Street, Hammersmith W6 9LP
Pension: Eligible to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
Reports to: Finance Director
The Knowledge Schools Trust is looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join the finance department to act as a management accountant for its secondary school, West London Free School. The role is key to the financial oversight of the school and includes completion of monthly management accounts and key reconciliations.
Candidates with experience as a school business manager or similar in another school, either an academy or the maintained sector, are particularly welcome however those with strong accounting qualifications/experience will also be considered.
The successful candidate will:
• Have the ability to use the finance and other software systems accurately
• Have the ability to prioritise their own workload effectively
• Have the ability to use their own initiative and deliver excellent customer service
• Ensure confidentiality and discretion at all times
• Have strong written and numerical skills
• Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Have high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
• Have a proactive approach
• Have a professional approach at all times
• Promote and safeguard the welfare of children at the School
• Be aware of and adhere to all school policies
Experience of accounting systems including Sage or Xero and ParentPay is highly desirable but
if necessary training can be provided.
Any candidates with primary age children who are interested in attending West London Free
School should refer to the School’s admissions policy for details of priority for children of staff. Please refer to:
The West London Free School is part of the Knowledge Schools Trust which is committed to the equality of opportunity and to safeguarding children. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services checks and other employment checks.
Application deadline: 15 January 2021
Interviews: 19 January 2021 (TBC)
Decision: 22 January (TBC)
Start date: 1 February 2021 (TBC)
Knowledge Schools Trust
Hammersmith and Fulham
- English secondary schools
The Knowledge Schools Trust aims to provide children with a classical liberal education, regardless of background or ability.
Key Characteristics of the Trust's Schools
- High aspirations, with a firm emphasis on academic attainment
- A c...