Salary – Up to £32,597 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date – Sunday 20th January 2019
Interview Date – Monday 28th January 2019
Due to growth, a period of significant change and the recent merger with Accrington & Rossendale College, a new and fantastic opportunity has become available for a Management Accountant to join our dedicated Finance team on a full-time permanent basis, working 37 hours per week.
The successful candidate will produce monthly management accounts information, annual budgets and forecasts and will undertake regular financial monitoring against project targets. The ideal candidate will also have experience of preparing information for auditors and complying with Financial Regulations.
Main duties include:
• Assist the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts, including variance analysis with commentaries
• Develop reports and reporting systems to ensure accurate and meaningful financial information is available for monitoring and decision making
• Actively participate in the review and development of financial systems relating to the management accounts function and procedures
• Continuously review management and financial accounts reporting to improve efficiencies and adhere to best practice
• Provide financial advice and training to Budget Managers and their staff
• Assist with cash flow forecasting
• Assist in the production of Year End Statutory Accounts
The ideal candidate will have:
• 5 GCSEs or equivalent including grade C in Maths and English
• A professionally recognised qualification in accountancy (e.g. CIMA, CIPFA, ACCA, ICA) or currently working towards one
• Management accounting experience including preparation, profiling and monitoring of budgets
• Experience of working on a computerised accounting system
• Experience of working within the Further Education sector and an understanding of various College Funding streams (desirable)
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.