The David Ross Education Trust is now recruiting for a Management Accountant, based at Head Office in Loughborough.
Providing our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to develop, learn and lead. From the classroom, to cultural visits, sports, music and arts and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create help fuel ambition and unlock potential. The education and experiences equips our young people with the leadership skills, team spirit, resilience and confidence to become outstanding citizens.
About the role
- To provide timely, reliable and insightful management reporting to DRET Senior Leadership and their teams as required, including Principals.
- Prepare and publish timely, reliable and insightful monthly management reporting of in-month and YTD results versus budget, prior year and latest forecast, for Senior Leadership Team, cost centre budget holders and Principals.
- Drive a system-lead, standardized approach to production of management reporting.
- Investigate any unusual trends in management reports, explain trends and highlight any accounting errors to FC.
- Prepare standard budget models for use across all Trust academies and also Head Office / Shared Services
- Ensure actual and forecast data required for management reporting is appropriately recorded and maintained in appropriate financial systems.
- Assist with preparation of budget presentation packs, including standard template packs for use by academies.
- Prepare reports as required to support requests from FC or Finance Managers, challenging to drive a standard approach across academies.
- Prepare audit information requests as required, on time, to a high quality.
- Manage and develop team of three.
- Other duties as appropriate, for example assisting the FC with follow-up of internal audit actions.
37 hours a week, 52 weeks a year – permanent role
Salary & Benefits
- £25k-£30k per annum
- Access to generous Local Government defined benefit Pension Scheme
- 30 days annual leave plus statutory holidays
- CPD and personal development
Who we are looking for
- Professional Accountancy qualification – full or part qualified, or by experience
- Full driving licence
- Excellent Excel data manipulation and presentation skills, including use of Macros and pivot tables
- Experience of general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user – ability to leverage system tools and capabilities to deliver reporting process efficiencies and improve insight to management
- Excellent verbal and written skills, ability to communicate concisely and effectively
- Works on own initiative, as well as in consultation and negotiation with stakeholders as required
- Highly organised with good planning skills and the ability to deliver to agreed target dates
- Desire and ability to challenge the status quo and deliver change
- Highly numerate, analytical and strong attention to detail
- High personal integrity and able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development.
The Trust is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.