Management of Information Systems (MIS) Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Salary: Up to £18,566.79 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date: Sunday 21st July 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Lancashire Adult Learning are looking for a talented and student focused MIS Assistant to join their enthusiastic team!
Lancashire Adult Learning (LAL) is an adult education college providing opportunities for individuals to learn, develop, work and prosper, at all stages of life. The college is focused on making Lancashire a place where everyone matters; a place where everyone can enjoy equal and quality life chances, and be respected in their communities. Part of Nelson and Colne College (Ofsted Outstanding), Lancashire Adult Learning offer a fantastic benefits package including a generous occupational pension scheme and access to continued professional development.
Working a full time, temporary basis covering maternity leave until 30/04/2020, the successful candidate will process the full range of enrolment forms, having regard to the different data requirements for each funding stream. The MIS Assistant will identify and resolve omissions and discrepancies directly with the enrolling department as well as liaise with curriculum staff to resolve register queries in a timely manner.
Please note: This role will be based at Accrington and Rossendale College.
Main duties include:
• Process all other types of information received by MIS, including withdrawal and transfer forms, permission forms and learning agreements, resolving queries directly with staff
• Carry out register duties as part of the team, including resolution of task list and work on curriculum area registers as required.
• Answer telephone calls from members of the public wishing to enrol over the phone; process their enrolments and payments on line following the agreed process
The ideal candidate will have:
• 4 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C or above
• Experience of working on and inputting data in a computerised information system
• Good working knowledge and practical experience of using Excel
• Experience of MIS and registry procedures (highly desirable)
• Experience of the EBS student records system (highly desirable)
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete the online application process.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.