Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Manual Arts Teacher for a holistic independent school located near the northern Gold Coast, perfect for residents of Brisbane’s southern corridor or the Gold Coast. The school offers a program that focuses on engaging young people with complex needs and encourages participation and active learning in a supported and connected way.
About the Role:
- School seeks a teacher part-time (0.4 to 0.6FTE – across 2-3 days)
- Teachers may be made 0.9FTE with additional teaching areas
- 12 Month Contract
- Commence January 2018
About the School:
- Caters to boys aged 12-16 years
- Supportive leadership team
- Holistic education approach
- Low Student-Staff ratio with support staff in every class
- Working to make a difference in the lives of young people
About the Location:
Australia's Gold Coast is a city coming of age, situated in the south east corner of the state of Queensland, the Gold Coast stretches along 57 kilometres of coastline and is home to over half a million people. Beyond the city’s beautiful beaches are vast, sub-tropical rainforests with breathtaking scenery. Welcoming close to 12 million visitors each year, the Gold Coast is full of attractions and things to do.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Be eligible to work in Australia (must have a visa)
- Possess relevant tertiary qualifications in education
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
- Be willing to contribute to co-curricular life and the school community
- Must be respectful of the school values and ethos
- Possess and provide appropriate reference details and police clearances
The Benefits of Working with Smart:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. We are honest, realistic, and above all we will not waste your time. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number #TES161290KW.
Please include your visa status on your CV or if you hold an Australian or New Zealand passport. Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our $100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Please note that your details will not be sent to any school without your consent nor any referees listed on your CV contacted without your permission.