Bolton Sixth Form College is one of the highest performing colleges in the North West of England. We are a vibrant, focused and highly ambitious community in which staff and students treat one another with care and respect, combining traditional values of discipline and good manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology. With a college roll of around 1580 students there are plans for further expansion due to the College’s success, growing reputation and increased applications.
A modern building with fantastic facilities, the college offers a wide range of A Level and Level 3 BTEC programmes along with a bespoke Level 2 BTEC programme to support academic progression. An excellent inspection in May 2017 strengthened the college’s ‘Good’ Ofsted grading and staff work together in an innovative and forward thinking environment to ensure the student experience is maximised and the college becomes a first choice destination for further study within the Borough.
Marketing the college is a key strategy to ensure student engagement and this is a fantastic opportunity for a pro-active individual who has the skills, abilities and enthusiasm to develop and lead the marketing communications programme incorporating trending technologies where appropriate and ensuring that the marketing and communications strategy accurately promotes the College. Attendance at College events and school liaison events is required and a flexible, proactive manner is necessary to ensure the effective fulfilment of this role.
This is a demanding but fulfilling role which will suit an individual who understands the value of a focused marketing strategy and enjoys developing technology led information for social media campaigns, e-marketing and marketing materials as required.
If this sounds like the career development opportunity you are looking for then we would like to hear from you!
The successful applicant will be required to:
• develop a distinct online presence for the college by attracting high numbers of internet followers through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and play an active role in monitoring, updating and developing all digital media
• be proactive in the recommendation and development of new digital marketing materials in line with current student culture/trends
• ensure the website is updated regularly by creating fresh and current content
• be creative in their approach to all marketing events to ensure the enjoyment and engagement of prospective students
• lead on the production of the annual College Prospectus
• capture and collate news stories, write press releases and engage with the local and national press to promote positive publicity
• prepare marketing support materials for schools liaison events
We can offer you:
• A modern friendly working environment with excellent facilities
• A competitive salary based on the pay scale for Support Staff working in a Sixth Form College
• Generous holiday entitlement starting at 26 days per year (plus statutory) increasing to 31 days with service
• Membership of an occupational pension scheme
• Optional wellbeing days / activities
• Structured professional development opportunities and involvement in regular college inset workshops
A job description and person specification are available. Please note that only applicants who meet the criteria of the person specification will be considered.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 25th September 2019 @ 23:59
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 30th September 2019
The start date for this post will be by agreement with the successful candidate but is anticipated to be mid October 2019.
All appointments at the college are subject to the receipt of satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service.