Manchester Academy is a popular and vibrant multi-cultural school at the heart of its local community. With a commitment to bringing out ‘the best in everyone’, we encourage all students to fulfil their potential during their time at secondary school and we believe that staff play a vital role in ensuring we achieve this.
Located on the outskirts of the world famous Manchester City Centre we are easily accessible via the excellent transport links into Manchester and the North-West.
Manchester Academy is sponsored by United Learning. United Learning was established to create a family of academies that provide outstanding education. It was formed in 2002 as a subsidiary of the United Church Schools Trust (UCST) which has been running high-quality independent schools in the UK for almost 125 years. United Learning offers the stability of an organisation with a long-term commitment to education in this country and the experience to run successful schools. United Learning is the largest provider of academies across the UK. Its academies are inclusive and welcoming schools where students of all faiths, backgrounds and abilities are valued and respected.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing and Communications Officer to join our team. As the Marketing and Communications Officer you will be responsible for the marketing, recording and communication of all activities and events pertaining to students and visitors to the school.
We are looking for a candidate who:-
• Has the ability to communicate positively and enthusiastically with prospective parents/ careers, students, teachers and members of the public
• Has a firm understanding of how to create and maintain the school website
• Will produce the school marketing materials, including social media, the school prospectus and newsletters
• Has the ability and confidence to plan events effectively
• Has advanced knowledge of Acrobat Professional, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Is Educated to A Level or equivalent
In return we will provide you with;
• Support with CPD and Development needs
• A positive and modern environment in which to work in
Manchester Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, therefore as part of the Safer Recruitment process, references will be requested if shortlisted for the position. Manchester Academy is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in employment. Appointment will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced DBS check.