Are you an outstanding languages practitioner looking for a new challenge?
Are you committed to raising standards and improving the life chances of young people?
Can you inspire and motivate young people to be the best they can be?
If so, we at Humphrey Perkins School would love to hear from you.
Who are we?
Humphrey Perkins School, an 11-16 academy in Barrow upon Soar Loughborough, is on a journey. Following our Special Measures judgement in June 2017, much work has already been undertaken to improve the school and to raise standards, including a new Governing body and support from an outstanding multi-academy trust. We now are looking to strengthen the Humphrey Perkins team through recruiting outstanding teachers, who share our belief that every child deserves the very best standards of education.
We are a small school of approximately 800 pupils, situated just outside of Loughborough. We take pupils from our local and surrounding villages and are fortunate to have excellent parental support. Many of our pupils enter the school with high prior attainment and they are very aspirational. Most work hard and are courteous, polite and respectful. We are a small friendly team who believe our pupils deserve better. We are committed to improving standards here and would like the right person to join us.
Who are we looking for?
• An excellent teacher of Languages, with a proven track record of delivering outstanding pupil outcomes.
• A teacher with excellent subject knowledge and is passionate about what they teach.
• A teacher who can ignite the imagination of young people and instil a burning desire to learn more about Languages and the world.
What can Humphrey Perkins offer you?
• The opportunity to really achieve something and to change young people’s lives.
• The opportunity to show young people that learning a foreign language is really important and can lead to exciting career choices.
• Excellent opportunities for professional development, within the school, the Multi Academy Trust and externally.
• The opportunity to work in a supportive and caring environment, where everybody’s contributions are valued.
To apply, you will need to complete an Humphrey Perkins application form and provide a covering letter of no more than two sides of A4 outlining your skills, qualities and experience which make you suitable for this post. Please also tell us why you would like this post at Humphrey Perkins School. If you would like to visit the school before making an application please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Deb Phillips.
Closing date: Tuesday 22nd May 2018 (12 noon)
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.