To support our Secondary School team, we are looking for an adaptable and inspiring Math Teacher starting 01.08.2018.
BMS is the oldest international school in the center of Berlin. 1000 students from 55 countries attend our school and are taught using the bestinternational and national curriculum programs. The Berlin Metropolitan School is an all-day school, allowing students from kindergarten through 12th grade to complete a modern and values-based education, culminating intoan internationally recognized diploma. An internationalteam of more than 200 dedicated employees lead the way for the learning success of our students.
• Differentiate Maths lessons in order to accommodate for varying levels of knowledge and student ability.
• Demonstrate a commitment to making lessons enjoyable, stimulating and relevant to all learners. Encourage students to continue their learning independently and spark an enthusiasm and love for learning by modelling it as a teacher.
• Maintain the highest standards of practice in planning, preparation, monitoring, assessment, reporting and feedback in line with school curriculum and policies.
• Employ teaching, learning and assessment strategies which meet pupils’ individual needs and support differentiated learning.
• Create clear, challenging and achievable expectations for pupils and ensure that all pupils make progress relative to their prior attainment and potential.
• Maintain thorough and current knowledge in the subject area and engage with evidence and research to direct improvements in teaching and learning.
• Be reflective towards one’s practice and pursue consistent improvement. Engage fully with professional learning opportunities.
• Create a secure learning environment, based on mutual trust and respect, in which pupils feel safe to explore and take risks.
• Maintain a stimulating and well-maintained learning environment, paying due care and attention to the quality of resources and displays.
• Support and promote the school and the IB mission statements and actively model the attributes of the IB learner profile.
• A committed, experienced and well-qualified Secondary Maths teacher, who is seeking an opportunity to extend their expertise and who is interested in working in a high quality teaching environment.
• A Bachelors or Master´s degree in Secondary Education with an official teaching qualification or degree in Maths.
• At least three years teaching experience, ideally in an IB School.
• Experience in using technology to enrich student learning.
• German and/or English on mother tongue level.
• A minimum two-year commitment to this position.
WE OFFER a modern, inspiring work environment with international, dynamic employees and an open school community in the heart of Berlin. Our cooperation and the sense of togetherness are distinguished by a special team spirit and respectful and harmonious interaction. Our open- door-culture with the leadership, joint learning and collegial case counseling creates an inspiring and supporting collaboration. Continuous personal development through “Professional Development Days”. We offer best conditions for a modern classroom with a comprehensive range of modern technology and resources. Suitably qualified candidates are invited to send their full application documents including the CV with a passport size photo, copies of all relevant diplomas and certificates and at least three referees. Please send your application to Paul Churchill, Secondary School Principal.
PLEASE APPLY HERE
Attn: Paul Churchill, Secondary School Principal
Learn more about us: www.metropolitanschool.com
Get to know your future team!