Sir John Hunt Community Sports College has enjoyed huge success in the past few years. Having secured a Good Ofsted judgement, we are now driving towards becoming an outstanding College.
We are looking for an outstanding Maths KS5 Lead to raise student achievement and the quality of teaching and learning of Mathematics in our College. Over the last few years’ the number of pupils taking Mathematics at A level has dramatically increased and we now offer Maths, Further Maths and Core Maths. Alongside excellent leadership skills, we are also looking for an outstanding classroom teacher who has the ability to inspire our students.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a passion for teaching A-Level Mathematics
- Have the ability to inspire a love of Maths
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with pupils, staff and parents
- Have the ability to lead and inspire a team of Maths A-Level teachers
- Be able to monitor and effectively track pupil progress and put in place appropriate intervention.
- An established and comprehensive induction programme
- A strong commitment to your professional development, excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
- A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
- A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
An application form and further details can be found on the College website.
Closing date: 26 March 2018
Interview date: TBC
SJH is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all candidates are expected to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.