Al Khor International School is a 3 to 18, co-educational and non-selective international school. Owned by Qatargas, the world’s largest producer of liquefied natural gas, AKIS caters primarily for the children of the company’s employees. We are one of the largest international schools in the Middle East with more than 4,000 students across our KG, British Curriculum and CBSE Curriculum schools. The school has exceptional facilities and is located in Al Khor Community, 40 minutes north of Qatar’s capital city Doha.
We are seeking a talented and dynamic subject leader of key stage 4 and 5 mathematics for August 2020. The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher with the ability to promote the well-being of students and improve the standard of learning and achievement. This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly and welcoming community in one of the leading international schools in the region.
Skills and qualities:
- Commitment to student well-being and learning
- Degree and teaching certificate
- Experience in a British or international school
- Strong communication and people skills
- High level of cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Leadership of the teaching team in matters relating to curriculum, assessment, and teaching and learning
- To oversee the day to day operations of the department
- Manage the performance of the teaching team and work closely with the leadership team to ensure standards are enhanced
- Responsibility for student achievement and the tracking of student progress
- Leadership of the department in support of annual school improvement
What we offer:
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- Engaged and supportive school community
- Exciting sporting, leisure and cultural activities in a friendly, diverse and hospitable country with a rich cultural heritage. Opportunities to travel.
- Year round sunshine
Our excellent compensation package includes:
- A highly competitive tax-free salary
- Access to excellent leisure clubs, including restaurants, swimming pools, gymnasiums and other sporting facilities. For more details please click on the following link http://www.akcommunity.org/
- Free education provided at AKIS for up to 4 children
- High quality Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Generous housing allowance or company provided accommodation
- Utility allowance
- Furniture allowance
- Baggage allowance
- Annual flight allowances for employee and eligible dependents
- Medical cover
- End of service benefits
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit fully attested degree and teaching certificates, transcripts and police certificate.
Please note that due to government regulations we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years old.
How to apply:
Please click the apply button.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
31 January 2020
For further information about the school, please visit http://www.akis.sch.qa
Al Khor International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.