St. Nicholas School
A Unique Educational Adventure
St. Nicholas School is located in Pinheiros, a cosmopolitan, attractive and busy part of São Paulo. The school is a vibrant, stimulating and happy multi-cultural environment for 680 pupils from 18 months to 18 years old and coming from all parts of the globe. International students make up a large percentage of the overall school population and International mindedness is promoted and celebrated. The school provides a balanced, challenging and 21st Century relevant education for its diverse body of students, most of whom are studying in English as an additional language. Technology plays an increasingly important role in education and the students are encouraged to bring and use their devices for learning.
Through an inquiry based international education, St Nicholas School
develops responsible, confident and caring citizens of an ever-changing world.
By setting high academic standards and celebrating cultural diversity, we nurture
individual talents and embrace a shared passion for learning.
Mathematics Teacher in the Secondary School
St. Nicholas School is seeking to appoint a Secondary Mathematics teacher with three or more years’ experience who will enjoy working in a highly stimulating and dynamic international environment. Current experience teaching IB Diploma or A Level is highly advantageous. Candidates should commit to the IB Diploma and be willing to contribute to Theory of Knowledge, Extended Essays, CAS and to the highest standards of academic excellence. More information about Nicholas School can be found at www.stnicholas.com.br www.facebook.com/st.nicholas.sp and https://twitter.com/stnickssaopaulo.
The Mathematics Department is a successful, forward thinking and well-run department where teachers value sharing ideas, resources and experiences. The Department teaches the Cambridge University IGCSE International Mathematics course and offers Higher Level, Standard Level and Maths Studies at Diploma. Curriculum development is on-going to reflect the school’s inquiry based philosophy.
Candidates are expected to have:
- A university degree in Mathematics or a degree containing significant relevance to Mathematics, along with evidence of recent professional learning
- A recognised international teaching qualification with three years’ teaching experience
- A recognition and some understanding of how Millennials learn
- A commitment to inquiry based learning and the school's vision and mission
- A commitment to international mindedness and IB teaching philosophy (www.ibo.org)
- A positive and optimistic attitude to students, learning and education.
- Additional qualities to add to the school community
For expatriate teachers St. Nicholas offers two year contracts, which are renewable by mutual consent and include:
- A competitive salary paid in Reais
- An overseas allowance based on monthly sterling exchange rates
- Private medical plan
- Return flights at the beginning and end of the contract
- Visa expenses
- Professional development opportunities
- An end of contract gratuity
- Fantastic students to work with
Job descriptions and further information are available on the website www.stnicholas.com.br and the LAHC website www.lahc.net.
Letter of applications of should be addressed to the Head Teacher and accompanied by a curriculum vitae and the names of two referees. Please send to email@example.com.
The deadline for application is 11th December 2016. Skype interviews will be held the following week. Face to face interviews will take place in early January if required.